Anything and everything. En español también.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

My current desktop

Recently I've been bored with my desktop. I was using Pgase's Luna Royale visual style for Windows, which is really excellent. It will be the default visual style for the next version of XPize, which is also a great program (and a must IMO). If you want to install non-Microsoft visual styles, you have to patch a certain file, but with XPize it's done automatically, so no extra effort needed.

Well, as I was saying, I was browsing Deviantart and stumbled with some great visual styles with the Vista look, so I downloaded them. In my opinion, the best of the ones I tried is YAFVC3 1.5 Update by ~RoTKiv. It includes some very nice stuff, but too bad the program that makes the Taskbar & Start Menu transparent doesn't work in non-English Windows.

Here are some screenshots of it. By the way, the wallpaper is one of the VistaC Wallpaper Pack v1.0 by ~sahtel08

Plain desktop. Google Desktop Sidebar.

The Explorer window is themed with Styler. And it also has the Explorer Breadcrumbs Toolbar.

IE7 in the background and Firefox with a theme that resembles (a bit) IE7. I think I'll change it later, but I thought it'd look cool for the screenshot.

Windows Vista style Start Menu in Windows XP :) (some edits needed in explorer.exe). That search doesn't work, it's just an image :(

No comments:

Post a Comment